Individual counseling (also called “talk therapy,” “psychotherapy,” or “therapy”) is when you talk one-on-one with a trained, licensed mental health expert in a safe, secure, loving environment.
Adult Counseling can help when there is conflict, grief, depression, anxiety or anger or when there are troubled relationships with your spouse, children, or other family members. Clients use individual counseling for adults to address specific issues such as conflict between parents and children, or the impact of mental illness on the entire family.
Individual counseling for adults is meant to help you understand yourself better – why you think, feel and do the things you do, and what started the pattern of behavior in the first. This is an opportunity to receive support on issues like depression, anxiety, parenting, substance abuse, relationship struggles, career changes, school difficulties, and similar issues.
Issues You Might Address in Adult Counseling
- Depression and bipolar disorders
- Anxiety, phobias, and fear
- Parenting struggles
- Marriage, pre-marriage and relationship issues
- Chronic health afflictions
- Personal and professional growth
- Grief and loss issues
- Stress Management
- Child and Teen concerns
- Abuse or addiction to substances, sex, pornography, gambling, or shopping
- Insomnia and Sleep Disorders
- Disorganization, general unhappiness
- Career and business dissatisfaction and changes
- Personality disorders, symptom management
- Divorce and blended family coaching
- Spirituality and faith concerns
- Low self-confidence, self-esteem issues, and low self-worth
Schedule your FREE 30-minute consultation now! Call 972-814-3103